A care home is facing possible legal action from the family of a man who died from suspected legionnaires’ disease,
Andy Clegg died last year after being diagnosed with legionella pneumonia, a complication arising from the legionella bacteria.
At the time, Mr Clegg was a resident at the Fordingbridge Care Home in Hampshire.
Public Health England and the Care Quality Commission have launched an investigation into the 56-year-old’s death, but his family have instructed a firm of solicitors with a view to taking legal action.
Eton Environmental Group provides legionella risk assessments, as well as an online legionella awareness course, to help businesses and individuals who are in charges of premises, such as commercial offices or domestic dwellings understand more about their legal responsibilities and the health risks created by legionella bacteria.